Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Equipped Explorer


The birthday week continues.  I finished this bag for Eli today.  I had wanted to get it done before his birthday but didn't and thought a few days later would be okay.  One night last week I thought of staying up past midnight to finish it but couldn't quite muster up the energy.  As it was I squeezed in getting it done.  A little bit here and a little bit there.

As I went to wrap it tonight I thought, "Oh dear, I don't think he'll like this.  Maybe I should have found some cool patch and not done embroidery."  But guess what?  He loved it.  Of course it came with all kinds of little goodies that Emily and I had picked out.  A compass/whistle container, mini pens, notepad, small watercolor pad I made, watercolors and a few other things.  He started a journal in the notepad and wrote a title on the watercolor pad.  He's ready for exploring. He tried it on and the length fit perfectly.  I got this pattern from the book Rhythm of the Family by Amanda Soule of soulemama.  I have some fabric left and was thinking of making a bag out of it for myself.  It's really soft yet durable.

1 comment: