Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sweet Mail


When you mail valentines across country you have to start a bit early if you want them to arrive in time.  We did just that.  We each made our own unique valentine to send to Nate.  I even painted an ocean rock which I thought he might appreciate.  I've been having fun painting hearts on some flat rocks I found at the beach.  I also made this string of hearts to hang in our window.  They were inspired by Maya*made and her heart garlands that she makes in various forms.  I used a potato stamp and acrylic paint and stamped them on newspaper.   Then I hung them on a satin ribbon.  As I was hanging them at about midnight I deemed them Dude Girl hearts.  Tough, made out of newspaper, yet adorned with pretty paint and hung on a satin ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment