Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Favorite Authors


A few days ago while Eli was laying low I got the idea to do some writing together.   I bought a new book called Rip the Page by Karen Benke.  We looked at some of the prompts but then I remembered Emily writing to one of her favorite authors and he was intrigued with that idea.  So we just sat right down and wrote a letter.  I wrote to Barbara Kingsolver and he wrote to Gary Paulson.  I could have written to a lot of different authors but I've read a lot of her lately.   Eli is reading Hatchet in school.

We wrote them, sealed them and sent them off.  Well, first Eli had to drip some wax on the back to make sure the letter was sealed.  I had told him about those things we used to have as kids where you melt the crayon-like stuff and actually put something like your initial in it.  He was trying to emulate that but it kind of looked more like we let an old candle drip on it.  Anyway, we're not holding our breath waiting for a personal letter with maybe some writing tips, advice on how to get published, offer to visit if we are ever in their town, autographed copy of their book we really want to read which in my case is Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.  No we're not holding our breath but it was fun to write them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment