Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent Simplify

I was reading Maya*made a while ago and saw the idea for making an advent calendar with things to do to celebrate the season.  We didn't replace our regular advent calendar but definitely added to it.  Inside each of these pieces of paper is a little note telling us what to do that day.  I have loved how these simple things make us sit right down and be together.  And I made them simple and strategically put them on days that we could manage them.  However, when Emily opened up "make ornaments" it threw me off a bit because I had forgotten about that one. I was determined to use things we had.  Eli got a cardboard box and made a decorated tree.  Emily and I made some Jingle Bell Flowers out of egg cartons.  We worked on all the steps together.  It took a while to hang them just right but we did.  I'll be sure to add a picture of them.  The directions are from The Crafty Crow.    
   Also, on the list was to make gingerbread houses.  They didn't want to make a beautiful house at the craft fair so we had these instead.  They  also brought a lot of excitement.  I think our best addition this year was the color coated sunflower seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment