Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Atta Girl

Emily  bought these earnings with  her friend at  the mall.  I got a good laugh at them and told her she can wear them but not to school.  I think they would be hazardous there.  So far, she's agreed and her ears are in tack.  That beautiful nail job is called umbray.  Or something like that. Yeah.  Winter colors that fade into each other.  Topped with a sparkle finish.  I don't think, even at that age, I was ever that girly.  I love that rose ring on her finger.  I bought that for her on her 9th birthday and she still wears it.
I think I found  a new respect for Emily this past weekend.  We have a very small bathroom that we all share.  Emily's bottles and gels were filling up the small counter and the back of the toilet.  The only two surfaces that are available in there.  Well, she is a girl who likes to primp.  She needs more room.  So she took it upon herself to move her spa into the back bathroom.  In order to do that she wanted it cleaned so she spent hours in there cleaning.  She made that bathroom sparkle.  She had her hair up and her music blasting and she made it shine.  It truly sparkles.  As she was doing that images of Rosy the Riveter came to mind.  I thought of sayings like, "When there's a will there's a way."  (And when there's not, there's certainly not.)  She also cleaned the top of her desk and dresser.  Without me even asking.  That is truly amazing.  The next night we went grocery shopping and she gladly carried in numerous bags of groceries.  I wanted to make note of these.  I'm trying to meet her on her hike.  To meet her on her mountain.  She plowed through Twilight.  I'm plowing through Twlight.  She's plowing through New Moon.  I may plow through New Moon.  I paint my nails sometimes.  I raid her jewelry and make up when I go out.  I ask her opinion of my shirt and jeans.  I hug her when she glares at me.  She is my mighty girl!   

No comments:

Post a Comment