Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ten and A Half







We don't really acknowledge half birthdays or anything.  It's just with the beginning of a new school year I've been thinking about this age. Filling out all those forms I'm amazed at what grades I'm writing in.  5th and 8th.  Really?  Really.  Not really just this age but all ages and how they are just rolling by.  How time just rolls out its red carpet and we make our way along.  How it's good to be led by our brothers and yet also have our own time and place to reflect ourselves.  I can't get Joni Mitchell out of my head.  The Circle Game spins round and round in my head.

Ten and a half. Vegetarian.  Eli likes cooking some of his own meals.  I have pictures of him cooking this one sans shirt.  Actually kind of looking sort of bachelor like.  Thought I wouldn't put it on the blog though.  That's a fresh cucumber from our garden that Eli displayed so nicely.  Aquabats are one of his favorite bands right now.  Magic is all the rage with all ages.  In our house the players ages range from 7 to 23.  And incidentally, they all play with the same intensity and focus.  Eli says about that comment, "Well, sort of.  The 7 year old, maybe not so much." 

No comments:

Post a Comment