Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cheer Love



Emily loves cheer.  It's a sport.  Huh.....who would of thought, but it is.  She has declined trips to Hawaii and across country for it.  She tries not to miss a practice and definitely not a game.  So, when her knee began to hurt her she got a brace, which helped some.  But when it still bothered her I took her right in to have it looked at.  Of course the doctor said, "Well, stay off it for two weeks."  Not an option.  Looking at me defiantly she said,"competition.  I can't miss competition."  Well, since it wasn't our regular doctor we sort of disregarded what she said and Emily came up with a solution on her own.  "I'll use crutches for everything else and save my knee for cheer." 

And that has what she's done.  I hear she gets double takes in the halls at school when the football players who saw her the night before cheering away see her hobbling in the hall.  And again the next night at practice and the next day in the hall.  It's working though because her knee is getting better.  Resourceful, she is.    

No comments:

Post a Comment