Monday, March 26, 2012

Going to the Chapel



This weekend a friend of mine got married.  I'm really happy for her.  I've seen her with lots of men and none of them quite fit.  She was always in some state or another about them.  But this one seems like an anchor.  I haven't heard one fleeting comment from her.

When I first saw her walk down the aisle with her father during the rehearsal I almost burst into tears thinking you've worked so hard for this and you deserve it.  I was glad there was there was a rehearsal.  The second time I thought of the little plastic statue she had had on her windowsill.  A symbol to remind her of her dream,  She kept it there and now she's here.  Well, not here but cruising along in Mexican waters breathing deep and relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment