Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Waffles Walk


Waffles and a walk in the woods.  Not ordinary waffles.  The kind with eggs and milk.  My kids are pushing me to new endeavors in cooking.  So these are vegan waffles.  We substituted eggs with flaxseed and water and milk with coconut milk.  They were good and better with a good helping of syrup and applesauce on top.  Eli didn't think so.  He thought they tasted like warmed up cardboard.  He's going vegetarian not vegan.  I'll have to make a different batch for him.  That was our first jar of canned applesauce that we had opened.  Yummy.  So, we have a vegan, a newly proclaimed vegetarian, a girl whose not eating sugar and then the old omnivores.  We're doing some experimenting lets say.  Emily also made peanut butter cookies sweetened with bananas.  I deemed them Breakfast Cookies.  I wonder whose going to eat all these sweet sugary sweets we have around? 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment