Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Paint Post




Emily had some thank you cards to make and she sat down to make them.  Well, not exactly.  First she said, "I have to get some thank you cards," and I said, "No, you don't.  You can make them."  So she did.   She experimented with different colored acrylic paints.  Then she tried using stamps with acrylic paints but that didn't work as they looked just like blobs of paint.   But  what worked was painting over a mesh like stamp with blues and greens then letting it dry.  When it was dry she put the "thanks" stamp on an ink pad and stamped it on top.  I must say the effect was lovely.  With all the paints and paintbrushes out I got inspired to collect rocks at the beach to paint.  And until then, I think they are lovely in their own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment