Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Shelf Made

For some reason desks are out.  At least with my 14 year old daughter.  So are dressers.  Obsolete.  Okay.  It's true, she does do her homework on her bed and the dresser is a bit big for her small room.  She has a really small room, though it's her own and the first one of her own, ever.  So small or not it's hers.  However, she doesn't want a big, bulky desk or dresser so we are streamlining on a very streamlined budget.  Hanging foldy cubes for the dresser and storage baskets instead of the big desk.

When we were looking at the shelf to hold these baskets it wasn't the price that stopped me but the quality.  Streamlined budget or not I bet we could make these out of real wood for less that the pre-made particle board.  And that's what I did.  With a little help from the lumber yard.  They are very patient with novices such as myself.       

No comments:

Post a Comment