Thursday, October 4, 2012

Garden Plantings






Around here there are certain plants we can grow anytime.  I planted these winter veggies and they are going off!  The kale is almost ready to harvest.   The lettuce too.   We have, from top to bottom, two kinds of lettuce, kale, broccoli, cabbage and chard.  As the prices for everything goes up I figure land is food and we should grow as much as we can.  We are still bringing in a few other veggies and apples also.  So, I plant as many as will fit into our garden and watch it fill with green.  However, I noticed as these grow it looks almost as if someone scattered stinging nettle seeds in every bed.  There is this low layer of bright green covering all the space between my vegetables.  I'll have to don those garden gloves.       

No comments:

Post a Comment