Monday, May 7, 2012

Dinner Harvest

Many hands bring in dinner.  We had our first veggies out of the garden tonight.  They were delicious and fresh.  All the brassicas are starting to bolt with this warm weather.  It's okay because I have my eye on things like tomatoes and cucumbers.  Basil and zucchinis.  Even Emily enjoyed harvesting the radishes.  Saying huh, it's actually kind of fun.   Now I just have to figure out what to do with all those radishes.  I tried roasting a few and they were okay.  Perhaps with a little more seasoning, more than salt and pepper, they might be a bit more tasty.  Well,  there's lots of lettuce to go with them.  There's something about bringing in dinner from the garden that is so grounding.  I remember being in a writing class with a woman who wrote, "I like a man who can bring dinner in from the garden."     Here, here.  A good skill to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment