Monday, October 17, 2011

Sewing and Canning



The pears that I showed earlier have now either been eaten or canned.  Everyone helped harvest them before they all got eaten by the starlings or raccoons.  Though I canned these a while ago I haven't been able to put them away because they look so lovely sitting there on the shelf.  So much of what I do doesn't result in a product so when it does I like to look at it for awhile.   Also, I haven't had access to a camera for a while but we resolved that so now I have some pictures of things we've doing around here.  That is when we aren't at cheerleading events or soccer games. 

We also celebrated apples this weekend.  We ate some of that delicious caramelized fall topping, that was featured at mayamade, on waffles and  made apple crisp for the about the fourth time.  Served with vanilla ice cream, can't beat that.  Ian was home so we canned some applesauce for him to take back to his house to enjoy with his roommates.  Our neighbors got out their classic wooden juicer and Ian and Eli brought over a bowl of apples and made it into a tasty container of juice.  So fresh and delicious!



Here are some of the new napkins I made.  I got inspired by some napkins we bought from Girl Scouts a while ago at an auction.  They are colorful, small, double sided and a variety of patterns.  I made them for the table and for picnics.  Most of them are about 10"x10".  I loved piecing together the bright scraps of fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment